Lessons Learned (or in progress)
1. Be grateful. No matter what is going wrong, there is ALWAYS a reason to give thanks. You might not have everything you want…You might not even have everything you need. But as long as you’re still breathing, there is a chance to make something better, and that is something to be grateful for.
2. Don’t wait on the “right time”. You may never feel completely ready when an opportunity presents itself, but don’t be afraid to go for it. Some things are once in a lifetime, and if you keep waiting for this non-existent perfect time, you may miss your opportunity completely. Stop being scared and live life. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
3. Be happy with yourself. If you aren’t happy with you, then you can’t expect anybody else to change that. Date yourself for a while. Learn about who you are and what brings you joy and embrace those things. Only when you are truly happy will you successfully be able to join your life with another.
4. Steer clear of the green eyed monster. If you’re constantly comparing your life, your appearance, your job, your bank account, etc., to another, you will always be mad. There will ALWAYS be someone who has a bigger house, a nicer car, looks better, or has more money. Don’t worry about what everyone else has. Just enjoy what YOU have.
5. Don’t focus on what you don’t want to happen. If you spend all of your time stressing about what could go wrong, you’ll miss what goes right. Stop over-analyzing everything. Just stop. It is not doing you any good.Thinking too much will just create problems that weren’t even there in the first place.
6.Everyone is not going to love you. When there are people in your life that don’t wish you the best, they bring down your spirit. Let the Negative Nellies fly out of your life. Don’t get me wrong, you need people who will be honest with you. But you DON’T need someone who doesn’t have your best interest at heart.
7. Be patient and flexible. Everything is NOT going to happen exactly when you want it. Don’t try so hard to stick to that 10 year plan that you made. It is good to have goals, but remember that everything happens for a reason. Just because it doesn’t happen when you think it should doesn’t mean that it won’t happen at all.
8. The best things in life are free. Honestly, I have never had much money. I’ve struggled to pay bills. I’ve taken the bus because I couldn’t afford gas. I’ve cried because I didn’t know how I would get by. But the things in life that truly stick with me are the days spent with family when I couldn’t stop laughing or the lying in the arms of a loved one. You don’t have to have a lot of material things in order to have happiness.